Book Review: Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan

Synopsis:
Mirror, mirror … who’s the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn’t grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all ‘mean girls.’

And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

Well, that’s definitely not Willow Tate.

No. That will never be me.

Because I’m completely imperfect.

And … I hate myself.

I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.

Review:
Oh boy, did I really not like this book. It carried so many problems. This book was far from perfect in my eyes.

I didn’t care for any of the characters except for Mia. My heart goes out to her but she and Kane are idiots. Everyone in this book is an idiot. Why are you not wanting the world to know that Kane’s brother is a rapist? Why hide it? You’re just letting him do it to other people.

This book was just so irritating. I mean, I’m so glad that Willow got the confidence she should have always had, but I don’t like her. After her confidence boost, it almost seems as if she thinks she’s better than others. That’s not right. That’s not how books should portray strong women. By putting others down. AKA her half sister when she goes to confront them the last time. Just, no.

I highly doubt I’m going to pick up anything by Harper Sloan again. This book has to be the biggest let down of the year.

1.5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!