Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Pull You Out Of A Reading Slump

For me, short contemporaries will take me out of a reading slump. If I read a really long fantasy, like I’m about to do, I always go to a short contemporary afterward. I always have to sit and think about fantasy books after I finish them and they always make me stop reading.

I feel like something short and sweet will get me in the mood to read again. Which is why I normally tend to switch off reading fantasy and contemporary or romance.

This list is going to contain all books that I have read and that have taken me out of a reading slump. I hope you guys enjoy and can relate!

Bleed Like Me by C. Desir: Anything by Christa can take me out of a slump. I normally read her books in one day. They’re so easy to read and they’re quite enjoyable. I will note that these books are all based on dark topics so do not go into with a light heart.

The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas: I always enjoy Jodi’s books. I really wish there were more of them. Her books are sexy and filled with action. I definitely think I like her stand alone books better than I like her series. Everything gets mushed into one book and I love them.

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo: Anything that is a part of the LGBTQ+ community is a good read to get me out of a slump. This one is my absolute favorite though. I loved this book so much and I really hope that Meredith will release more books!

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han: Even though I didn’t enjoy this book, I still think it’s a good book to get me out of a reading slump. It’s a quick fluffy read and it’ll definitely make you want to read more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To