Top 5 Tuesday: Books I've Read Because of Blogs/Booktube

I’ve found Top Five Tuesday. Made by the lovely Shanah over at BionicBookWormBlog. I’ve decided this is going to be better than the Top Ten. Most of the time, I don’t have the time to come up with a list of ten things. This narrows my time down by half.

I’ve been around the book community for quite some time now. A little over two years, I think. Going through Booktube, Bookstagram and blogs have made a huge influence on what books I’ve read throughout the last two years. 
Here’s my list of five books that I was introduced to by our lovely book community!
I fought this one so hard. I never wanted to read a book by Sarah J. Maas. I thought her books were too hyped. I thought there was no way in hell that her books were that good. 
Boy, oh, boy. I was so wrong. I’m almost at that stage in obsession where you buy multiple copies of books just to have them. (I’m buying Books A Million’s special edition copy of ACOFAS even though I already own a copy.)
I kind of hate myself for denying this amazingness to myself for so long. I can’t believe I was so stubborn. 
But anyway, I’m trash for Maas and I’m not even ashamed. 
I’m actually currently reading this one. I’ve had it on my TBR for the longest time. It was finally chosen in my app and I picked it up.
This book is so meaningful. I can see why people are still talking about it even though it was released over a year ago. 
This book has a strong message for the Black Lives Matter movement and I think it’s a book that everybody should read. 
Angie Thomas is a wonderful soul who wrote a book about the reality of today. She deserves so many awards for this book.
I’m also pretty excited that I’m getting to this book before the movie comes out. I need to see that movie and I need to make sure I bring tissues with me. 

Here’s a book I wish I didn’t read because of the book community.

I still feel so let down over this book. This has to be my least favorite read of the year so far.

I really disliked this book.

Fight me.

I do still plan on watching the movie. Maybe it won’t be as much of a disappointment as the book.

I read this book last year and I loved it. This book got so much hype when it came out.

The hype kind of died out for this one and I wish it didn’t. It was such a great creative book.

I love that the comic was integrated in this book. It just made everything feel so real.

Netflix needs to make an adaptation of this one. It’ll be a big hit.




I read this book strictly because Jesse from JesseTheReader.

This book was a complete unexpected surprise. It’s one of the few books that have actually made me cry.

I loved this book and I’m so grateful to Jesse for recommending this wonderful book.

Everyone should read it. It needs more attention that what it’s gotten.

What books have you read that were influenced by the book community?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!