Review: Pennies by Pepper Winters

Beautiful BastardPennies
By Pepper Winters
Published By: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on July 13th 2016
Genres: Romance, Dark Romance
Pages: 298
Purchase: AmazonKindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

Synopsis:

“I’m not the hero in this story, girl. You’d do best to remember that.”

At eighteen years old, I was murdered.

I wish my tale ended there.

However, my killer resuscitated me and sold me to the highest bidder, sentencing me to a world worse than Hell.

For the past two years, I’ve lived a life of torment as a man’s property. I suffer in silence and wish for freedom, but I never break.

I can’t.

I won’t.

But then he arrives.

The first stranger since I was killed.

Elder Prest, a thief with a heart as black as his soul, arrives as a guest in our twisted home. He has business with my owner, but his interest lies in me. He pretends not to notice my bruises and hides his knowledge of what I am, but the way he watches me makes me feel more human than possession.

As his eyes tear through my walls and his voice demands answers, he challenges my owner for one night with me.

I’ve survived two years of torment because I no longer believe in hope, but Elder is the only man who promises me pleasure instead of pain.

Trusting him is dangerous, wanting him is deadly.

Is he my ticket to safety or my ultimate end?

Whoever he is, whatever he wants…I can’t say no.

I have been to excited for Pepper to finish Millions to start this series. I was a tad bit disappointed in this book. But then again, you needed this book to know how bad Pim’s life has been for the last few years.

Tasmin was murdered, brought back to life, and kidnapped. She was held captive in a hotel-type space until she was purchased by Alrik. She was given the name Pimlico, no longer Tasmin. Alrik is the worst person that could have ever purchase a person. He couldn’t care less about Pim’s well-being.

Being the rich man he is, he liked purchasing luxurious things. This is where Elder comes in. He’s selling Alrik a yacht and he sees Pim when he goes to do business at Alriks’ home. He’s automatically intrigued with Pim and even includes her in part of the deal. Just one night with her is all he wants.

His obsession gets the best of him and he knows that he needs more than one night with her.

A lot of action happens in this book. There’s lots of blood and plenty of killing. It was a pretty action-filled start to this series. There was almost nothing sexy about this one. Nothing really even happens between Pim and Elder.

I’m pretty excited to see what happens between Pim and Elder. I’m really hoping for more of a relationship like Tess and Q!

This is the first book of Pepper Winters that I’m not giving five stars to and I feel terrible about it. But it’s still getting four!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!