Review: Crown Of Lies by Pepper Winters

Beautiful BastardTitle: Crown Of Lies
Author: Pepper Winters
Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

Synopsis:

“I met the man I wanted. But then he vanished, and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lives a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changes her happy existence forever. First, she meets the man who makes her heart sing. Three years later, she meets the man who makes her blood quiver.

Broken-hearted from a teenage romance, Noelle’s freedom is no longer hers. It belongs to the stranger her father believes is her perfect match. The stranger who pulls his lies over everyone he touches.

Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle gives into the mysterious Penn Everett. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he weaves—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she is and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself.

If you’re ever in a reading slump and you want to get out of it, read Pepper Winters. I love everything I’ve ever read by her!
I can’t say that Penn and Elle are my favorite characters that Pepper has come up with. But they’re pretty close to the top now! 
I love Penn and hate him at the same time. I feel like he’s playing mind games whilst trying to hide who he is really is from Elle. But who knows? He’s obviously hiding something for a reason.
I pity Elle. Poor girl can’t go anywhere by herself without having something bad happen to her. She has the worst luck on the planet. 
Now, their relationship isn’t really ideal. I feel like he tricked her into it. He knew she’s had a bit to drink and he cornered her. I knew they’d end up together anyway, but he still went about it all wrong. 
I don’t want to give anything else away about the book. It’s full of surprises!
This book leaves you on a cliffhanger, so make sure you have the second one on hand!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To