Review: Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

Beautiful BastardTitle: Until Friday Night
Author: Abbi Glines
Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

SYNOPSIS:

To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…

This book really hit home. It made me cry. Like ugly cry.

I was rooting for Maggie and West the entire book. I knew from the beginning that they would be what each other needed.

Maggie’s father killed her mother right in front of her. With witnessing something so cruel, Maggie shut down. She spoke to no one. That is, until she meets West.

West was a typical teenage boy. He was arrogant and wasn’t the nicest guy to any girl. He had it all. Except, a healthy father. His father is dying of cancer. He can’t talk to anyone about it because no one will understand. Until he meets the girl who doesn’t talk.

After a night of West spilling everything to Maggie, they grow a connection. She talks to him. Only him.

Their relationship is really one for the books. They truly needed each other and they somehow found each other.

This book brought so many emotions to the surface that I’ve been trying to keep down. There are scenes in this book that I relate to and couldn’t help the tears that flowed.

This book was absolutely wonderful. I couldn’t put it down until I was finished reading it. I know this will be a book that I will always turn to when I’m missing my grandma.

The things Maggie taught West will stick with me forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To