Review: FAKE by Callie Stone

Beautiful BastardTitle: Fake
Author: Callie Stone
Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

Synopsis:
After a year of online dating, texts and brief calls, Emma is finally ready to meet her boyfriend face to face. When Jack is a no show, again, Emma and her best friend, Damie decide to dig into his past.

Sam had his life the way he wanted it: calm, quiet and free of drama. Until he receives a message from a girl he doesn’t know.

Be careful who you trust, who you expose your heart to. There’s no telling who is sitting across the screen and what they really want.


**BEWARE OF SPOILERS**
.
I asked Callie for a copy of this book for my review. I have never read a book that had anything to do with catfishing. 
When I read the synopsis, I knew the story would have turned out two different ways.
1. She wasn’t really catfished and they would live happily ever after.
2. She was catfished and she was heartbroken about it.
It was obviously partly the second one. I don’t think she was really heartbroken about the situation, just embarrassed. 
Emma talked to “Jack” for a year, even considered herself in a relationship with this person. She’s never met him before. It wasn’t until her friend Damie brought it up that Jack may not be Jack. They do some investigating which leads to Emma finding out that Jack is a girl named Taylor.
They also find out who the real person is in the pictures. When they find out he lives close by, I already knew how the story would end. 
Sam is Taylor’s ex boyfriend. She’s trying to get revenge on him for leaving her. She’s psychotic. All she does is drive Sam and Emma together.
They start dating and end up living happily ever after.
I really enjoyed the concept to this book. It was a wonderful read. I honestly would have been able to read it in one sitting if it weren’t for my daily schedules being so busy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To